Stop letting your Flutter projects look like everyone else’s! What’s the easiest way to fix it you may ask? Fonts. They’re such a simple form of customization but they can go a long way in helping an app or a website feel different than the norm. Luckily, Flutter makes it really easy to use Google Fonts, the king of free, open source font hosting.
The process is fairly straight forward.
- Add the Google Fonts plugin to your pubspec.yaml file
- Use the Material Text Scaling tool to generate your TextTheme data in dart code
- Paste the dart code into your main.dart file
- Import the google_fonts plugin to your main.dart
- That’s it! Now you can use your TextTheme data wherever you’d like in your app
Here’s 👇 a tutorial I created where I go a little more in depth on the steps above