What is it?
Screen Recorder is a free web app you can use to record your desktop’s screen. You can also record audio along with the recording if you need to explain something.
Why did you make it?
With more of us working from home than ever due to COVID-19 and social distancing I quickly realized how much of a need there was for a simple screen recorder on the web. I’m personally not the biggest fan of chrome extensions. I know some people swear by them but the idea of having to install it, knowing it needs permissions to run in the background all the time in my browser, and the fact that most have permission to read every page I navigate to is just not my cup of coffee.
So I wanted to take the same concept existing screen recording chrome extensions have but put that into a website. Just a URL https://screenrecorderapp.com, no install needed, and it works in any modern browser on any desktop operating system.
How much does it cost?
It’s free. No ads. No annoying watermarks on the recordings after you download them. No limits on how long you can record. No email signup required. F-R-E-E. No strings attached.
Use it if you need it!
How do I use it?
- Open Screen Recorder
- Choose whether you want audio on the recording or not (enabled by default)
- Tap “Select Screen”
- The browser will ask you if you want to share a screen, a specific application, or a specific window.
- Select which one you want to share
- Tap the Record button
- Capture your recording and remember there’s no recording limit ;)
- Hit the pause button at any time to pause the recording
From there you can do one of 3 things:
- Delete the recording if you didn’t quite get what you wanted
- Resume the recording from exactly where you paused it
- Save the recording if you’re done
- After the recording is saved tap “download recording” to save it your downloads folder for safe-keeping
- Tap “New Recording” When you’re ready to capture another one!
If you appreciate the product please share it with anyone else you know would enjoy it and if you really love it I have a Buy Me a Coffee page